Adrian Toomes was a wealthy business man until J. Jonah Jameson wrote articles in the Daily Bugle which led the city to investigate him. They found that his factories were causing mass pollution, so the authorities shut them down.
In the years that followed, Toomes became a full time thief and built up a fortune by stealing high tech equipment from other companies, making weapons out of them, and selling them to criminals. For his operations, Toomes constructed his own battle suit equipped with two huge mechanical wings, and adopted the guise of the Vulture. He also hired goons to accompany him in his robberies, and equipped them with heavy body armor and jetpacks that enable them to fly.
Duel with Spider-Man
Toomes would later attempt to steal an experimental Vibranium sample from a Roxxon laboratory. His goons were moments away from detonating a safe that contained the Vibranium when Spider-Man showed up to stop them. He made quick work of the goons, but Toomes managed to escape. Days later, Toomes formed a diversion for the webslinger so he couldn't foil his heists any further by attacking the Daily Bugle Building. He demanded on live television that Spider-Man appear, or he would start eliminating hostages.
As soon as the moment presented itself, freelance photographer Peter Parker escaped into the shadows to re-emerge as Spider-Man. However, he figured out that the Vulture set a trap for Spider-Man, and no one knew that they planned to be the only ones getting out of the station alive. After Spider-Man disarmed all the Vulture's bombs in the Bugle, he freed the hostages and went after Vulture, foiled his Vibranium heist yet again, and left him to be arrested by the authorities.
Powers and Abilities
- Super-Strength: While equipped with the exo-suit, Toomes can provide himself with super-strength while the wings are strong enough to destroy concrete.
- Superhuman Agility: The suits jet propulsion systems allow Vulture to fly and maneuver in the air with incredible agility and coordination.
- Mortality: Vulture is an ordinary human without the exo-suit, he can get hurt by weapons or falling.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: The exo-suit's wings enable him to fly at speeds approaching 95 mph.
- Vulture's Exo-Suit: Utilizing his harness the Vulture is able to fly with a natural winged flight limit (95 miles per hour). The anti-graviton generator attached to his flight suit enables him to take to the air by flapping the bird-like wings. When wearing his Exo-Suit, the Vulture possesses superhuman strength, vitality and athletic prowess. The harness increases his physical strength to the absolute human maximum enabling him to lift roughly 700 pounds. The Vulture can reach speeds of up to 95 miles per hour and attain a maximum height of 11,000 feet. Vulture's harness also lets him fly virtually soundlessly.
- Wing Projectile Capability: His feathers are as sharp as swords and can be used as projectile weapons. They will replenish themselves so he can maintain flying abilities.
The Vulture also carries some form of sonic blaster he stole, as well as several grenades of unknown types.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of Marvel Ultiverse and is an adaptation of Adrian Toomes/Vulture. The original character was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. His first appearance was in Amazing Spider-Man #2
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Adrian Toomes (Earth-981)
- Character Gallery: Adrian Toomes (Earth-981)
- Quotations by Adrian Toomes (Earth-981)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References