Adam Gustin was a normal teenager who had been an assistant in the lab of Reed Richards. Adam knew Richards through his father; a deceased scientist and friend of Reed. Adam was left in the custody of Reed and Susan Storm at the age of sixteen because both his parents had died and his brother was on a secret mission for S.H.I.E.L.D.
Powers and Abilities
Adam Gustin is the host of the entire Nova Force, a vast energy source that he can access to grant himself a number of superhuman attributes. As host to the entire Nova Force, which was previously used to empower all members of the Nova Corps throughout the universe, Adam now possesses tremendously augmented strength and durability as well as near limitless quantities of energy that allows him to hold his own against other powerful beings such as the Silver Surfer.
- Superhuman Strength: Adam is able to channel the Nova Force for the purpose of increasing his physical strength to vast levels. While the full limit isn't known, the Nova Force can grant Gustin sufficient superhuman strength to lift well in excess of one hundred tons easily. The Nova Force makes Adam one of the strongest beings in the Universe. The Nova Force grants Rider sufficient strength and power to engage and even stalemate the likes of the Silver Surfer in combat. He was even capable of going blow for blow with the likes of Annihilus himself in combat, and was able to rip him inside out.
- Superhuman Speed: By channeling the Nova Force properly, Adam can grant himself the ability to run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. While the upper limit of his running speed isn't known, he can at least run several hundred miles an hour. He can move at speeds faster than light.
- Superhuman Stamina: Due to the Nova Force's augmentation of his musculature, Adam's muscles produce considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human. While the full limits of his stamina aren't known, he is able to exert himself physically for at least 24 hours before fatigue toxins impair him.
- Superhuman Accuracy: With the Xandarian Worldmind's help, Nova can shoot beams of energy with an accuracy of only within millimeters.
- Superhuman Durability: Adam's body is highly resistant to all forms of conventional physical injury and is practically invulnerable. He can withstand high caliber bullets, falls from tremendous heights, exposure to extremes in both temperature and pressure, powerful energy blasts, acidic corrosives, and tremendous impact forces without sustaining injury. While employing the Nova Force, Adam can easily withstand the rigors of deep space indefinitely. He can withstand attacks from powerful beings such as Annihilus or Silver Surfer relatively unharmed. He was able to withstand without any significant damage, the raw energy and power stored in the reservoir in Galactus' ship which contained power siphoned from the destroyed energy of entire planets. He was even capable of withstanding a massive omni-directional blast from an enraged Galactus at near point blank range which was so powerful it encompassed and destroyed more than three Solar Systems relatively unharmed.
- Superhuman Agility: Adam's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are far beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Adam's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are far superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: In spite of his great physical resilience, it is possible for him to sustain injury. On the rare occasion that Adam is injured, he can purposely channel the Nova Force to rapidly heal damaged bodily tissues. The full limits and capabilities of his healing powers aren't known but he was able to heal himself any damage done instantly with the Nova Force.
- Flight: Rider can use the Nova Force to propel himself through the air at tremendous speeds. Nova is fully capable of achieving faster than light velocities and possibly enter and traverse hyperspace, of which Adam often does, while traveling through space. However, moving as such speeds while in the atmosphere of a planet would cause devastation to the planet itself, so he travels much slower while on within a planetary atmosphere, generally at supersonic speeds.
- Energy Generation: Adam can channel the Nova Force and expel the energy in the form of extremely powerful concussive blasts that he often uses in combat situations. A few of the abilities he has shown are, the ability to manipulate the near infinite energy of the Nova Force to create hyperspace portals in space such as Space Gates, he can release extremely powerful gravimetric pulses and beams, either from specific parts of his body or from his whole body surface, he can create powerful electromagnetic discharge that can nullify gravity. He can use the Nova Force to create extremely powerful energy attacks powerful enough to possibly destroy whole planets or moons. He was able to lobotomize Ego the Living Planet himself, in one massive attack of energy using the Nova Force which was off the scale.
- Nova Corps Uniform: To further stabilize Gustin during his manipulation of the Nova Force, the Worldmind has specifically modified Gustin's Nova uniform. The material of the uniform helps to contain and regulate some of Rider's powers by siphoning some of the energies of the Nova Force. The uniform also contains inhibitors that can manipulate various hormones in Gustin's brain for the purpose of moderating his moods as needed. The uniform also has self-repairing capabilities, allowing it to seal rips and tears on its own. As with past models, the helmet Rider uses with his current uniform resembles and feels like cloth when he isn't wearing it, though it adopts a metallic look and feel when he wears it. Rider can also alter the appearance and nature of his uniform to suit his needs.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Adam Gustin (New 52)
- Character Gallery: Adam Gustin (New 52)
- Quotations by Adam Gustin (New 52)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References