In an attempt to recreate Ms. Marvel, soldier A-Renn agreed to have his daughter put in the Psyche-Magnitron. His wife La-Nae was cooperative and she agreed as well. Sha-Renn was put into the machine and she gained powers nearly identical to Ms. Marvel's. Sha-Renn's parents would ensure that they bred her to become one of the greats of the Kree Empire.
She was enrolled in the Kree Imperial Academy, where she excelled beyond expectation. At a young age she was already the leader of her own team. No other trainee could best her in combat.
Now one of the best recruits, Sha-Renn was tasked with training the new student, Kael. He would never follow the rules, and would often be punished. Other recruits despised Kael, because he had powers. Sha-Renn took a liking to him though, she admired his strength. Her friendship is what got Kael to accept what he was going through. La-Nae noticed their relationship and she wanted them to work together as often as possible. They would be the new Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel.
Sha-Renn and Kael were inseparable. They would always be near each other on many missions. Whenever Kael was injured, Sha-Renn's mother would help clean his wounds.
The Final Mission
For another mission, Sha-Renn and her team were tasked with exploring the Blue Area of the Moon. Their ship had experience a failure and the whole thing shut down. No one saw the rouge meteor headed towards them. The meteor crashed into the ship and split it in half. The part of the ship that contained Kael and Sha-Renn exploded. The rest of the team were rescued and Kael and Sha-Renn were assumed dead.
It seemed that Kael and Sha-Renn were dead, but in fact they weren't. Kael was out cold and Sha-Renn was barely conscious. She used her telepathy to send a distress message to Earth, and it was heard by Phoenix. During his battle in the Onslaught War he focused on saving the young Kree. He formed a psionic field around them to protect them from space. He also used his powers to awaken their latent abilities. Phoenix briefly possessed Kael to teleport himself and Sha-Renn to their last location, Hala. After this, they were to far for him to telepathically reach.
Birth of Heroes
On the planet of Hala, Sha-Renn and Kael trained in seclusion to learn how to use their newfound abilities. Kael would often lead the training sessions and Sha-Renn would teach him various forms of combat. In addition to training, Kael and Sha-Renn would discretely save Kree in need.
Kael offered to bring Sha-Renn to Earth to see his human family and she accepted. Before leaving, Kree-Lar came under attack by rouge Kree Sentries. They had malfunctioned and gone on a rampage. The Kree Navy could do nothing to stop them. Sha-Renn and Kael would not allow their home to be destroyed by its own defenses.
They arrived at Kree-Lar and attacked the rouge sentries. The sentries would rebuild themselves each time they were destroyed. Kael informed Sha-Renn of a new plan of attack. She flew in by herself and destroyed the two sentries. Then she threw their pieces into the air and Kael unleashed a massive concussive blast the shook planet Hala. The blast disintegrated the sentries and the threat was over.
A crowd of Kree formed at the battle site and they cheered for their heroes. The people of Kre-Lar dubbed them Powerboy and Powergirl; a new breed of Kree heroes were born. (more...)
A New Reality
Main article: World's Collide
After ending up in an alternate reality with Kael, Sha-Renn found herself severely wounded. In order to be saved, the Silver Surfer transformed her into his Herald. Her actions led to the apparent death of Kael.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Power-Girl is superhumanly strong and is typically able to lift about 50 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: She is capable of running and accelerating to high speeds, which a Kree could never achieve.
- Superhuman Stamina: Sha-Renn’s musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary Kree. She can physically exert herself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of her body are considerably harder and more resistant to physical injury than those of an ordinary Kree. Power-Girl is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, great impact forces, falls from great heights, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. Her body's resilience is extended to even allowing her to survive in the vacuum of space for extended periods of time.
- Superhuman Agility: Sha-Renn’s agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her reflexes are heightened in a similar manner and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Flight: Sha-Renn is capable of propelling herself through the air at tremendous speeds. She is capable of reaching at least Mach 3 in an Earth-like environment.
- Photonic Blasts: Power Girl can fire powerful concussion blasts of photon and stellular light energy from her hands and fingertips.
Telepathy: Ability to read minds and project the thoughts of others
- Telepathic Tracking: Enhanced psionic senses enable her to detect and track other sentient beings by their unique psionic emanations (thought patterns contained in the psionic portion of the spectrum), especially if they pose a threat to her well-being in his immediate vicinity. This also allows her to communicate with those detected for a brief period.
- Expert Combatant: Sha-Renn is extensively trained in armed and unarmed combat, including numerous martial arts.
Power-Girl can lift (press) about 50 tons.
Equipment: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- She has a crush on her partner, Power Boy.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Sha-Renn (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Sha-Renn (Earth-616)
- Quotations by Sha-Renn (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References